Online casinos offer you different methods to transfer funds to your player account and then to have the winnings paid out. In order to always have the peace of mind when playing for real money, you should ensure your cash is safe.
Find out the best, safest and most convenient payment methods for Canadian players.
TOP 10 Most Popular Payment Options
Although the list that we compiled is highly subjective, know that the following methods belong to one of the most chosen and preferred ways of processing money in online casinos.
|Credit, Debit, Prepaid Cards||MasterCard, Visa, Maestro|
|E-Wallets||Neteller, Skrill, Trustly, Klarna, EcoPayz, Paysafecard, Zimpler etc.|
|Crypto||Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc|
|Bank Transfers||Wire transfer|
- Neteller – Neteller is a payment service that uses a virtual wallet (e-wallet). To be able to use Neteller, you need a valid customer account. Bank accounts, credit cards or Bitcoin wallets can then be stored in the e-wallet itself, which can then be used for payments. The payments happen in real-time, which counteracts long waiting times for incoming payments, especially when making deposits. The same goes for withdrawals.
- MasterCard/Visa/Maestro – The use of debit/credit cards is not going anywhere. Casino enthusiasts continue to facilitate this method, although many more advanced techniques had emerged in the meantime. Card payments are convenient and employ great security measures that many Canadian players trust.
- Skrill – Skrill was originally founded in the UK in 2001 under the name “Moneybookers”, an e-wallet that was later renamed Skrill. Skrill is both quick and easy to use, which is why the company has made a name for itself in the world of online casinos. In addition, skrill is one of the most popular banking options at low minimum deposit casinos.
- Klarna/Sofort – It is a very widespread means of making deposits and withdrawals in online casinos. Most online casinos that are active on the Canadian market accept and support the payment service without any problems. Sofort casino does not receive your account details or any other private information from you. The method has proven to be safe and reliable.
- Trustly – Trustly is an increasingly popular online casino payment method. Trustly presents various payment service providers on one platform. The portfolio includes, for example, Klarna and GiroPay. Trustly is often used by players to take advantage of bonus offers. The big extra that distinguishes Trustly from providers like Klarna or GiroPay is that payments can also be made to the current account via Trustly – free of charge.
- EcoPayz – EcoPayz is a well-known payment method in online casinos. The financial service provider works on the basis of well-known e-wallets such as PayPal or Neteller. In addition to the virtual wallet, users can benefit from the entire ecosystem of the service provider and receive, for example, a free Visa card, especially for the EcoPayz account.
- PaySafeCard – The Paysafecardcan be used for a deposit in an online casino . The prepaid payment method is purchased at petrol stations or supermarkets. To carry out a transaction, all you have to do is enter the code from the card into the casino account. The credit will then be issued immediately and players can start right away. However, players must note that this deposit method is often not recognised for crediting a bonus.
- Zimpler – Zimpler is a young and rather unknown payment service from Sweden. The financial company was founded with the aim of making payment for mobile devices easier. The payment service is monitored by the tax authority “Finansinspektiven”, which guarantees a high level of security. More and more online gambling halls are adding the payment service to their portfolio, as it is ideally suited for payments via smartphone and tablet
- Bitcoin/Cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin is offered as a payment method in various online casinos. In addition to this cryptocurrency,there are other virtual currencies that are also accepted in virtual casinos. These include, for example, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Dogecoin and Dash. Bitcoin can be found among the online casino payment options
- Bank transfer – To make an online casino deposit, players can use a classic bank transfer. If you do not want to make a bank transfer, you have the opportunity to fall back on many secure online casino payment options. The payment methods Trustly, Klarna and Giropayare available for this purpose. These payment methods make it possible to pay into the casino account immediately. A bank transfer can be used for both online casino deposits and withdrawals.
How To Choose The Right Casino Payment Option
The more options, the better. That’s right. But it also means more confusing decision-making processes. In terms of casino payments, we suggest that you tackle the issue easily at first. Ask yourself a couple of helpful questions that will help you eliminate some methods from the very start.
- What does this payment option cost?
- How safe is it?
- What (hidden) fees are charged?
- How quickly are deposits and withdrawals made?
- Which online casinos offer this payment option?
- How many or which currencies are supported?
- Who can register with these payment methods? Are there exceptions and differences in different countries?
- Who is the payment option suitable for?
- Are there any special discounts for using certain payment options?
How To Recognise A Trustworthy Payment Provider
Reliable and secure payment methods are key to a successful casino experience. For this reason, you should always rely on fully secure and trustworthy payment providers. How to recognise one? First and foremost, by sticking to a quality casino operator!
Here, we are reminding you about the most prominent features of trustworthy casinos that will ensure safe payment procedures:
- Top banking options that offer safe and fast deposits
- Offer high-quality games
- A 24/7 customer service that responds to your needs
- Have a positive opinion among gamblers
- Licensed by the top industry organisations
Remember that well-known online casinos would never agree on supporting payment methods that do not meet the requirement of the sector. Hence, once again, choosing the quality gambling provider is the key – even to hassle-free payment processes!
KYC – Important Casino Procedures
KYC (Know-Your-Customer) procedures are an essential part of every casino experience. Before you can make any deposit on-site, or withdraw money, you will have to go through the security check. The casino team will have to verify your identity to ensure you are a physical, adult person, allowed to perform gambling activities online, as well as that you are not involved in any criminal activities.
It may sound scary at first but in reality, it is nothing but a formality. The copy of an ID card and/or a utility bill sent – and you are done. Remember that it is not due to the casino’s annoying policies but only to guarantee maximum security while playing for real cash. You should never try to avoid going through this procedure or provide false information!
How To Make Deposits and Withdrawals At An Online Casino
- First, you have to register at the online casino of your choice. For this, you usually need a username and your email address.
- After you have confirmed your email address, legal casinos require you to prove your identity, for example with a copy of your ID card (the KYC procedures that we have mentioned above, remember?). Every casino must ensure that no minors are playing for real money.
- Now you can go to the checkout and make your first deposit. You can find many different deposit methods here.
- Sign in to your player’s account and go to the wallet section.
- Choose the amount you want to withdraw, pick the preferred withdrawal option and accept the transaction.
- Now, based on the chosen method, patiently wait a few minutes, hours or days for your money to arrive on your account.
Fast And Hassle-Free Winning Payouts
Typically, withdrawals would take anywhere from one to five business days to receive your money, but thankfully online casinos now offer instant withdrawal methods. We obviously mean e-wallets here, as they have revolutionised the way that online casinos operate these days. As regular withdrawals can take days to appear on your account, transfers made via e.g. Neteller or EcoPayz can be often processed instantly.
If you truly care about how fast the winnings will appear on your account, you should always get familiar with the offered timeframes for payouts. This information should be provided on the casino’s site, however, if you can’t access it – feel free to speak to customer service. The casino team will discuss your withdrawal options and ensure that you won’t have to wait long.
How do you payout in the online casino?
You go to the payout page and select the appropriate method. Then you spend the desired amount that you want to pay out and enter the payment details. The online casino real money payout is then checked by the online casino and the transaction is carried out.
How long does a withdrawal take?
Depending on the payment method, an online casino real money payout takes shorter or longer. E-wallets are much faster than credit cards or bank transfers. In addition, the online casino processes the payments prior to the transfer. Ask your casino about the exact processing times.
How secure is my payment option?
If you are playing at a safe online casino, it is almost impossible to use an unsecured payment option. Online casinos only work with verified and secure payment providers. However, always check that you are on a secure payment page!
Why are there fees for some online casino real money withdrawals?
This only depends on the payment method! Banks mostly claim fees, while e-wallets work with online casinos for free.
Do all online casinos accept the CAD currency?
Unfortunately not. Whenever they do, we mention it in our articles, however, bear in mind that there are plenty of remote gambling operators who don’t support CAD payments. You can then alternatively use a different currency to play with, or if preferred, choose an online casino that allows playing with Canadian dollars.